The aim and purpose of 4×4 Response is;
“TO PRESERVE AND PROTECT HUMAN LIFE AND PROPERTY, IN PARTICULAR BUT NOT EXCLUSIVELY, BY PROVIDING EQUIPMENT, VEHICLES AND OTHER RESOURCES TO OFFER SUPPORT IN ADVERSE CONDITIONS”
To achieve this, we provide a reliable and competent voluntary service of 4-wheel drive vehicles plus their assessed and trained drivers, who are capable of assisting the emergency services, local health care providers, voluntary groups and charitable organisations by performing a variety of transportation and logistical related tasks during severe weather or other emergency situation, such as:
- Access to locations in extreme weather conditions where an organisations own vehicles cannot cope.
- Access to extreme terrain when a normal vehicle cannot cope.
- Transportation of key personnel in adverse conditions.
- Providing additional vehicles during major incidents.
- Recovery of assets or personnel stuck in extreme weather or terrain.
- Assisting with any incident where our equipment or skills are appropriate.
WHEN DO WE DO THIS?
4×4 Response will only respond when asked to do so by the emergency services or our registered clients.
We are usually called upon during extreme weather conditions, such as heavy snow or flooding. However, our assistance may also be requested during the recovery phase following a natural disaster or other emergency, especially when regular forms of transport are unable to access a given location due to extreme terrain or when an organisations own resources are overwhelmed due to exceptional demand.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
As our name suggests Lincolnshire 4×4 Response operate primarily within the county of Lincolnshire – essentially the area from The Humber to The Wash and A1 to the East Coast. However, there are other 4×4 Response groups covering almost the whole of the UK and through our mutual assistance agreements Lincolnshire 4×4 Response could be deployed anywhere in the country to help the group in that area, should the need arise.
HOW DO WE OPERATE?
Upon receiving a call for assistance on our dedicated telephone number, our Duty Controller logs all the details directly into our CAD system, which enables a member of our control team, operating locally from within the county, to select the most suitable responder/vehicle combination available at that time, and task them to attend when and where they are required.
EXAMPLES OF TASKS 4×4 RESPONSE HAVE PREVIOUSLY UNDERTAKEN;
- Evacuation of members of the public during flooding.
- Transport of key personnel during flooding and in other adverse weather conditions.
- Taking doctors, nurses and other medical staff to patients in need of medical care during severe weather.
- Taking medical staff and home carers to their remote clients in snow.
- Taking police officers to the scene of an accident in severe weather when their own vehicle could not get there.
- Recovery of stranded motorists, emergency services personnel and their vehicles
- Movement of essential supplies including delivering urgent medication and food into and around areas affected by adverse weather.
- Providing logistical support to local resilience forum’s (“LRF”) by participating in multi agency exercises run under the auspices of the Civil Contingencies Act by many local authorities throughout the country.
OTHER WAYS WE CAN HELP;
Like most 4×4 Response groups, Lincolnshire 4×4 Response are always happy to support and assist other local charitable groups and organisations in any way we can. We are able to offer logistics solutions which could include among other things, on event transport for officials, marshals, medic’s etc, reliable safety communications and static or mobile marshals. So, if you are planning a fun run, cycling race, long distance dog walk or any other fund raising event we can help.
CAN WE HELP YOU ?
To find out how we may be able to help and support you and your organisation please click the button below, leave a few details and a member of our operations team will call you to discuss further details.